January 31, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

I am still amazed that I have reach 87.  Lord I am old as dirt as they say.  I don't feel that old.  Well maybe when I first get up and nothing works well, But I am grateful every morning for a new day.  I do not want to brag but I have already received 20 birthday cards and a few hugs and greetings and even a birthday song in Polish sung to me.  All this is proof that I had the courage to step out of my comfort zone and try to make friends.  I give all the glory to God, who nurtured me and gave me the courage to live again.  I sometime used to wonder why he wants me here when I so wanted to leave when Truman left, now I realize more every day that He has a purpose for my life and I seek it every day.  I am blessed.         Enough of that.  I am looking forward to this day and what it holds for me.  I challenge each of you to do the same.  

Betty Boop

No comments: