July 26, 2014

DISSAPPOINTED

Well we had plenty to sell but somehow it wasn't much for me.  I did luck up on a few linens for M. G.'s reception.  She has some real sweet ideas.  I bought a small ceramic cat.  All orange striped.  Now I have a cat.!!   No trouble at all.  No litter, food or water but also no soft fur to pet or to watch play and maybe sleep on my bed.  O well everyone needs something to want.  A real cat is my "want." If there is a Kitty heaven, I will see Penny some day.  Such a sweet cat.  I have had a lot of cats over the years and some I just loved and some were unlovable--but that is what cats are all about.  Independent and a mind of their own.  That is what I love about them. 

On to another subject.  Amy and I went to see Ruby yesterday.  She is in Highland Home for therapy and recovery.  She was glad to see us and seemed better in some ways.  She is working hard on therapy hoping to get settled somewhere soon. Where is undecided at this point.  Keep her in your prayers.  That is what she asked us to tell everyone.

Breakfast alone this morning,  Don't know where my BB"s (breakfast buddies) were.  I think I remember them telling me their grandchildren were coming.  I hope I get to see them as they are so cute and they are so proud of them.  J. & T. went to the coast this weekend so I wont get to see her.  I will miss that.  I must remember they all have lives of their own and not ask too much of their time.  I will have to make do with these "old, but good" friends around here.  Hey that is not bad at all.  You must remember that they were all young at one time and have interesting stories to tell.  I intend to hear them all.  Really , you never know what great and funny things you can find out.  I just love it.         I just saw a book for sale by Reber Layton on purple martins.  You remember our most interesting neighbors on Riverwood?  He was an expert on purple martins.  I had that book once upon a time so I left it for someone else to buy.   Reber is gone now but his books live on.  Just like Truman.  If you want to feel like T. is still with us--reread his books.  It is just like hearing him talk.  On that note, I will go and see what interesting thing I will find today.

Betty (nostalgic )  Boop 

No comments: