July 8, 2014

GOOD DAY

How many people get to say."I had a good day"?  Well I did today.  I had an appointment on Lakeland Dr. today and I just have gotten to the place that I don't feel comfortable in heavy traffic.  Amy took me.  Then having a little time before lunch, we went to TJ Max.  The store out there is so much bigger and nicer than on County Line Road.  I just had a ball.  Bought 3 blouses!!!  I could have bought more but I did come to myself and knew I did not need anymore.  But it was fun.  I don't get to shop as much as I used to.  I think I used to shop for fun.  Anyway, we had lunch at a favorite place ==Grants.  All these home cooked foods.  We got veggie plate.  You know, turnip greens, fried okra, yellow squash cooked like I cook it.  Of course cornbread.  It was so good.  We then road by Riverwood Drive and was astonished at the color they painted "my" front door.  Rocks around the trees in front.  How are the spider lilies going to come up and bloom.  Oh well I guess I should not go look.  I seldom think of our house anymore,  I guess that is good,  It was another world after all.  We then went to Freshway veg. market on Old Canton where I used to shop.  It is at its height now and so pretty.  Home to take that much needed nap.  I got up and ironed my new blouses.  I will be well dressed now.

Oh and I am so thankful for my daughter Amy.  As Truman would have said  "she is a real jewel"  And I love her.

Sweetly Be
Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

I was going to try to think of something smarty to say but instead I'll just say I'm thankful too.