July 18, 2014

LITTLE HUNGRY

Why ?  Well I agreed to have breakfast with friend Darlene.  She wanted to wait till 8:30.  O, I hope I make it till then.  What are friends for?  I drank some juice and I will be O. K. 

Not a lot to write about so maybe I will have to make up something.  I think my readers would understand.  It is raining today and "I love a rainy day"  Call me weird but dreary days are my style.  I can still remember how rain sounded and felt when I was a little girl.  It seemed people acted different and I liked it.  It reminds me of making soup.  If I did not already have plenty in the freezer, I would make some.  My mama could make good soup.  She made it with a "soup bone."  The friendly butcher would give you one for the asking.  Nice beefy one.  I make it with chicken now, but it turns out good.  A little different every time because as you know I make it with left over frozen bits of veggies and onion (lots) and I love the taste of canned creamed corn.  O my I may make some and have a party.  No, just too much trouble these days to have a party.  My, my, How I do fill a page with chatter. 

Almost time for breakfast.

Betty (wish she could ear pancakes) Boop
P. S.  I loved the soup at old George
school-1-6.  Or maybe it was the smell as we went down the stairs to the basement to the lunch room.  Funny how rain brings memories.  Little Dot

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's funny...soup crossed my mind this morning. I remember you making it with the bone from the Sunday pot roast.