July 28, 2014

GOOD BYE TO "LADY CATHERINE"


Read it again--not St. Catherine but Lady Catherine.  Maybe you tuned me out when I named my tomato plants?  Like "Let us ignore her.  And pretend she did not say that?"  Well I decided Lady Catherine was fading away, I got her out of her misery and trimmed her to the stalk and cut the rest up.  She really never did do as good as her partner "Dexter."  He is still looking good and producing many little cherry tomatoes.  He is not a total success story.  The skin on his tomatoes is thick and you can't chew it.  O well, I enjoyed taking care of them and watching them grow.  But on a lighter note, my okra plant is blooming and next comes little pods of okra (I hope.)  I decided not to give it a name.  Did not want to jinx it.

Enough silly stuff, It is a slow news day.  Yesterday was good and yet I was tired at the end of the day.  Lunch with Amy's sweet kids is always fun.  Mexican food and I have no idea what I ate.  It was good.  Slow service and Amy got coffer spilled on her.  She is O. K. but it was a surprise to say the least.  I will go for now--I made some tuna salad and I will have it with local tomatoes (not mine.)

Betty (short on news) Boop

2 comments:

Amy said...

I understand slow news...pictures of bugs?

Dot said...

At least your bug picture was good. He looked angry at you!!!! Mom