July 13, 2014

SATURDAY

My how time goes by.  Title of a war time song.  Since I was avoiding the "public" eye Saturday, I played a lot of old sweet war time CD"s  I stayed in because I am in the middle of skin cancer treatment and my face looks scary.  I will cover my dace with makeup to go to church but take it off to rest after I get home.  Highlight of the day was a visit from daughter #2.  Sweet Jan.  She was helping with a bride's brunch and came by on the way home.  She brought food from the brunch and watermelon. too.  I feasted for supper.  We had a long visit and talked from A to Z.  Was so much fun and It made my day. 

My dermatologist said I must have "picked cotton" in the sun when I was young.  No I am a city girl and did not know about sun screen when I was young.   Anyway he decided to stop burning spots as they appeared and go on to the full face treatment.  It is not so bad but it does not look good.  Takes a little time as you have to go through stages of applying cream 2-4 weeks, go through red skin, then sort of a blister and then drying and then peeling. Nose is complete and am working on one side of the face and the other side next.  Now I know you loved hearing all about this and maybe you have done it too, but it is what is going on.  He keeps saying sun screen, sunscreen, sunscreen.  So don't forget it.

Betty "AS TIME GOES BY" Boop 

No comments: