July 9, 2014

NOT PREACHING JUST PHILOSOPHIZING

I  thought this morning what a cloudy day.  Some would say gloomy. but I thanked God for a beautiful day.  It is funny I read this morning in a book Jan gave me that I have enjoyed it so much. A DECADE of BEACH WALKS.  By George Thatcher,  His today writing fit my mood.  Indulge me please,  I quote:  "Todays radiant sunset follows yesterday's sunset.  What words can describe the scenes?  About 3,000 years ago, a psalmist put it this way, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands....."  It is a silent message, the psalmist writes; there are no words or sounds.  Yet a message is conveyed from one day to another that there is Godly order and balance and beauty in the world for all to see."  

Now I wish I could express myself and my thoughts that way.  I love order and balance.  That is one reason I struggle to express myself through writing poetry, and to make is rhyme and balance (I think.)  I just looked out the window and the sun is just peeking through.  Indeed it is a beautiful day.  Look for it!!

Betty (Old Philosopher)  Boop

No comments: