February 14, 2015

GRUMPY START

Have you ever felt like even  before you get fully awake, that you just don't want to start the day?  Tired of the usual and feel like it is all useless?  Just plain grumpy?  I did just that this morning.  I decided even before I got up that I did not want the usual start to Saturday with my Breakfast Buddies.  How rude of me.  I just tried to go back to sleep but just went into a light dream mode.  Finally looked at the clock and it was 6:30.  Still time to get ready to go.  I argued with myself and did not make much of a case for staying in.  After all I do push myself a lot.  I got up and got ready to go and felt better on the subject.  I went and met three people who have been so kind to me and I felt guilty for my feelings.  I ordered ham and scrambled eggs, toasted split biscuit , and coffee and tried hard to enjoy my table mates.  Well I am glad I went and whatever was going on has faded somewhat and it looks like a beautiful day after all.

Maybe it was the Valentine Party with all the sweet songs that set me off.  I really should not have hauled out those long age valentines I had kept from Truman, maybe I just need to be more thankful and I am. but everyone has dips and highs and not always a smooth road. 

Thank you Lord for all the many blessing I receive every day.

Betty Boop 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I wondered if you were going to do the valentine ritual.