February 21, 2015

MISS ME ??

It has been a day or two but not much has happened that can't be told later.  My sweet and caring Amy took me to eye Doctor.  After a wait and a couple of test--I am good to go.  At least I am holding my own.  That is a biggie for me.  And while we were in the neighborhood and no one else except Jan will eat at the Piccadilly with me, we had a feast.  I mean  FEAST.  So good to me.  We passed LUBY"s on its first day open and I think there are still many who like good old home style cooking.  The parking lot was full.  We will wait till the frenzy is over and try it.  When we were in South Texas each January & February in the motor home, we ate a Luby's  a lot. 

While reading my devotional and Bible this morning, a yellowed clipping fell out.  I was reminded of my Mother's Bible.  I spent a few days after her death going through her several Bibles.  Part of my grief I guess.  The pages were full of yellowed clippings.  I read them all.  I guess I am more like her than I knew when I saw I was doing the same thing.  I just have to share this one I saved.  In the 80's there was a lady named Rose Budd Stevens (pen name I am sure)  who wrote for the local paper once a week.  She wrote books about her childhood on the farm.  It was called ALONG THE RFD.  Here is one I saved.

                                                            MY PRAYER LIFE

When I wake up in the morning, I thank God for a wonderful night of rest.  I thank him for a beautiful day.  and this I pray. "This is the Day the Lord Hath Made, Let us rejoice and Be Glad In It.  I believe, I believe: I use my hand as a symbol of my prayer time.  My thumb being the closest to my heart, I pray for my family and loved ones.  My index finger is the pointer so I pray for my pastor, staff and body of  believers, and our missionaries: these are the ones God has called to lead and worship with me.
My middle finger is the tall one so I pray for those in authority God has placed over me:  Our President, governor,mayor,commissioner firemen and policemen, who strive to keep our city and country a safe place to live.
The ring finger is the weaker one. so I am reminded to pray for the sick, shut-in and unsaved.
Last and the least of them of all is the little finger and that is me.  I ask God to use me this day to help someone along the way. Use my feet, to walk in his footsteps, my hands to do service for thee, my eyes to see the good in everyone, my lips to speak no evil of anyone  and my ears to hear the cry of someone.  This is my prayer in Jesus name.  AMEN

I think that covers it!!

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Karen Buffington said...

So sweet. Jeff and I had lunch at Piccadilly the other day. We will eat there with you any time!!!

Dot said...

Hey, good to hear from you. Hope you are enjoying this crazy weather. At least we are not in Boston with Bryan and Ashley or in Memphis with Linda and Joe.
Aunt Dot