February 23, 2015

Sunday

Sunday was good.  Went to Church and then to lunch at a favorite place--KIEFER"S.  the original one.  You have figured out how I love Gyros's.  Kiefer's has the best.  Sophie, Paul, M. G, .Ryan and Amy rounded the group this day.  Rainy day but the sun was shinning inside.  I visited a couple of people out here who needed a visit , taking flowers and I hope laughter.  I stayed up till the OSCARS was over.  way past my bedtime. but I had started it so I finished it. 

This morning after oatmeal with strawberries and raisin toast and hot tea. I was  set to later go to "coffee" at the exercise class/  Great group.  I love them all (some more than others."  Since you know my breakfast in the Ellis kitchen--I will tell you what was served there for lunch.  Split-pea soup, (homemade by me), cornbread, also by me.  A banana, made by God, peanut butter spread on it (I have no idea who made it.)  Getting silly now-- it must be nap time?  Indeed.

Betty Boop\
P. S.  At coffee this lady said it is her birthday.  "Your name is not on the birthday  list!!" We all gasped.  She said she did not like a lot of fuss and did not want birthday cards or anything,  That bothered me --  so I came up and made her a birthday flower and taped it to a Birthday card and delivered it to  her door (quietly)  Do you think she will be mad at me??Hope not, we will see.  Let you know later.

3 comments:

Karen Buffington said...

Hope you stay warm!! Made homemade chicken n dressing for dinner. Soup n cornbread are in my future.

Dot said...

I would say you have "arrived" if you can pull off dressing. I am still trying to make it like my Mother did. Soup is so personal. It always changes for me. Odds and ends make it up so it is different every time. Cornbread--my advice, do not put sugar in it. No No Aunt Dot

Karen Buffington said...

Definitely no sugar in cornbread. That's just not "Suthahn"..ha. I have my moms moms dressing recipe...in her handwriting that I use. It's pretty close...never exact.