February 10, 2015

OFF DAY

Well I guess I did it all yesterday.  I did have breakfast with two of my "breakfast buddies."  You know it is kind of like being on a trip and staying at a Hotel.  You get up, take a shower and dress, then go down the elevator to the hotel café for breakfast.  Kind of neat.  No cooking, nor dishes to wash, be served at a table with guest, and order what you want.  Now what could be better than that.  Maybe going back to your room (apartment) and have clean sheets for you bed and towels too, waiting for you at the door.  Of course you do have to put them on the bed.  However for a small fee they will do that for you.  I am not that helpless yet. 

I decided to make pimento cheese.  I could not loosen the jar lid.  I also had a jar of strawberries siting on my counter unopened.  It had been there three days.  I would try all methods I had heard of to open it.  I saw a maintenance man down the hall.  I left my door open to watch for him to finish and go by my room.  Clara came out and I told her my problem.  She tried to open them and failed.  She hailed the man down and he said he was on a job.  She told him my problem and he came down to us and took a tool out and tapped the jar all around (I had tried that)  I guess he hit I harder and it popped right open.  Both jars.  He said it was a trick his Mother taught him.  I told him to tell her that he was my Angel for the Day.  He gave me a big hug.  I don't know why people want to hug me.  Maybe I look small and helpless?  Any way I meet an Angel everyday, sometime more than one.  They are all around I believe. 

Betty Boop

No comments: