November 23, 2015

NOVEMBER 23, 1946

A day to remember.  Let's go to the Memory Bank this morning and check out an outstanding memory.  The reason you are all here.  Think of that.  It was a cool sunny day and she was nervous.  19 years old and little or no experience of the world.  Yet so in love that it did not matter.  She did not even think of it that way.  He was handsome  and full of life and anxious to get his Civilian life back on track.  A world traveler forced from a new life in the big city of Jackson,  But he traveled to defend his country.  Back at work and this little dark haired cutie captured him and off they went down the path of life together.  What a life it was.  Three children, new house, many ups and downs, as is very normal.  Thankfully more ups.  What a full life we had together, from a start in my parents living room with family there on North Jefferson Street.  On to New Orleans to get our married life started.  I remember the day as it were yesterday.  He will always be my only love.  I still have my sweet memories as the not so sweet ones have faded .  I ramble on so don't feel bad for me.  I had the "cream of the crop" of a life with him, and I am thankful.

So there they stand on trembling legs, Afraid, yet brave.  She in her beautiful sky blue suit with pink silk blouse and an outrageous Hat with an a pink feather and him in a custom made suit (a first for that)  promising to love, honor till death do  them part.  And they kept that vow,  Oh yes.  And for me even after death parted us.  So be it.

Betty Boop

No comments: