November 12, 2015

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS?

I do my best writing in my BUBBLE ROOM or whatever you want to call it  It is my favorite place to write.  Because it has such a good view of the lake, I feel at home there.  I was sitting there with my "juices" flowing this morning.  I saw the resident Egret and geese and made a story about them.  It came out as a poem.  What do you think of it?

KING EGRET
 
Resident Egret found a place.
It suits him very well.
But this is not the case.
A sad story to tell.
 
He haughty stares at the geese;
Who have moved into his space.
You have disturbed my peace,
He confidently builds his case.
 
They pay no attention to his stare,
Went right on sunning their wings.
As if he was not there.
Ignoring him really stings.
 
A late group came floating in.
It is the last straw!!
With his big ego to mend,
His feelings are very raw.
 
Off he flew to take a break.
He had left a sunny spot.
Oh for goodness sake,
Sun-Versus Geese--Why not?
 
---------and off he flew right back.
 
Dot Ellis
November 2015

No comments: