November 22, 2015

THIS THAT AND THE OTHER

B rrrrrr, it is cold at last.  I kind of like it.  A chance to wear winter clothes, snuggle in with a book and hot chocolate in the Bubble.  Yes I do all those things.  I guess they think we "old folks" get cold easy. some do.  The Halls are kept too hot for me.  We will be having a lot of activities here for December. Even a concert by Guy Hovis!!  You young may not even know him.  Choir concert is December 14 at 3:00.  We are working hard.  I love being a part of that.  Many other things that I will mention as they draw near. 

With Jan out of town on Saturday, I had to fill the day with something.  That laundry I put off had to be done. and a few other little things that are so mundane I wont even list them.  But I managed without her and I am sure she was having a great time in New Orleans.  Great place.  We spent our honeymoon there.  Four days (all he could afford) and then to Carthage where we spent our first Thanksgiving together.  Me in my high heels and honeymoon outfits.  I must have looked out of place to them in the country.  My I was a pretty dumb little 19 year old.  I remember Truman's mother being so sweet and accepting to me. We had baked chicken and dressing. We made a big to do about our "turkey".  She was a great lady and I did learn a lot from her about family.  She loved hers too.

Betty Boop

No comments: