May 10, 2017

MORE CATHERINE 2

We are all concerned about our mother duck. Someone was worried enough to offer a little help to her.  They brought an umbrella and propped it up over her for protection from the sun.  And she now has a water bowl.  It has gotten hot and she was panting from the heat.  Bet next time she picks a nest sight she will remember not to use this one.  Although we have been very protective of her, it still is not the best place to hatch a nest full of eggs. 

I went to Kroger this morning.  That used to me no news at all.  But now it is a dig accomplishment for me.  I was tired and wanted to treat myself so I had a hot dog.  My favorite go to for something special.  Chocolate milk and potato chips (a few)  was a good lunch.  Downstairs they are busy preparing for a giant closet sale.  I will miss it because I will be getting ready to go Mother.s Day camping with 10 of us.  There is not one thing I need from the sale but it is always fun to go.  We have one about twice a year for the benefit of our employees Christmas fund.  Always a big success.  They have a lot of nice looking furniture.  Better looking than mine.  I just bought SCV cookies to take camping.  They are different now.  Hope they will do.

Betty Boop

No comments: