May 26, 2017

SAD NEWS

Mother duck hatched only 2 out of 11 eggs.  Is she sad?  I wonder.  She may just be glad it is all over.  A combination of being watched all the time and rain, cold, hot. and somebody constantly "checking" on her may have contributed to the failure.   I just don't know why.  Anyway, I did not see them leave the nest.  I wish I had,  But they are gone and the drama is over.  I just hope for their survival from those huge turtles we have in the lake.  I don't want to think about their future.

Hey guess what I had for supper.  I cooked baby lima beans topped with okra.  Tomatoes that were pretty good.  Fish baked and to top it off, I made sugar free chocolate pudding topped with Redi-wip.  That is how it is spelled on the can,  So good.  I used to put peanut butter in my made from scratch pudding  Those were the days.  I made brownies from a my coffee group.  They loved them--they had pecans in them.

Betty Boop

No comments: