November 21, 2018

BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE

The sunshine takes an edge off the  cool nip in the air.  Shoppers are getting started.  I miss that in a way.  It was exciting and satisfying but also stressful.  I loved the planning and the decorating.  I would pull out oldies and maybe a few newbies.  I loved doing the mantel and always wished Truman would decorate the tree with me.  I am not sure if he just did not know how or he considered it my "thing."  Oh well it all got done. He did take me to buy a real tree every year and then set it up and then let me decorate.  Maybe I was a little controlling?  No, he just did not want to do that part.  I did enjoy it.   Now things are different.  Time changes most things.  I have a small artificial one and some of my all time favorite ornaments that I saved.  It is kind of "bittersweet".  I don't know why I still do it.  And I guess I will continue till I can't do it any more.  I must be careful, because I hear a note of regret in my words.  Don't go down that lane.  It leads to nowhere.  I am thankful for today. 
 
I went to exercise class. Short in number, because some are already gone for the holiday.  It felt good.  I took my Blood Sugar reading when I got back (it was high before I went) and it was 99 after exercise class!!!  Just shows you how good exercise is for me.

Betty Boop

No comments: