December 29, 2023

32 IS COLD, BUT SUN WILL HELP.

 Sun is shinning and the birds are eating a lot. I keep seeing small birds that I am not sure what they are. I don't have a bird book anymore. But what difference does it make if I can't identify them? Not any difference at all. Just feed them and enjoy.

I made a small pot of veggie soup yesterday. Boy, I forgot what a deal it is. So much clean up and I was tired when I finished. I just sat down and had a small cup. Pretty good. I did put in a little left over chicken that I saved for that purpose. Bits of veggies were saved and frozen for the soup. Many cooks over the years have made this kind of soup. Out of need to use everything and don't throw away a thing. My Mothers managed to taste the same over and over. Even when  had different things in it every time, it still came together the same. Magic. I will freeze it by the cups.. Be good when I need it. 

BETTY (come by and we will unfreeze a couple or cups) BOOP  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to have a cup of soup with you. I know for sure I like your food choices. I wish for you a Happy New Year and hope for a better more peaceful world in 2024. Ivey

Dot said...

THERE IS NOTHING MORE DOWN TO EARTH OR COMFORTING THAN HOMEADE SOUP. WISH I COULD SEND YOU A BOWL, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO. HOPE IT IS THE BEST EVER. DOT, BETTY BOOP,