December 16, 2023

OLD MEMORIES

 When I went to  GEORGE  ELEMENTRY SCHOOL (1-6 grades), It was a thrill to just mention riding in cars and going to the big buildings in downtown Jackson. I think it was a group from the 6th grades who were invited. My friend Lois and I were among the elite few. We were excited and scared to death. Just the ride on an elevator to the top of  the tallest building we had then, and to see how they broadcast to radio. All dressed and knees scrubbed and faces looking wondering at all the new s SAW  tuff,  We sang I SAW THREE SHIPS A SAILING BY. Remember that one. It was among the ones you always taught young kids to sing. Guess it was a favorite. I thought 9f it this morning and the memory. I ask Mr, Google about it. I often as a kid wondered what th0se ships had to do with Christmas. Read it and the may guesses there are. I

No comments: