December 19, 2023

COLD BUT SUNSHINE

 Red for Christmas. So is green. And any color you want. I think about Christmas morning and yes, I still remember the thrill of coming in and finding my wishes come true. The one I remember getting excited about was a Mickey Mouse watch. His little gloved hands would tell you the time. It was real. And to think old Santa would not find me at my Grandmother Brown"s house away up in the country near Durant Mississippi. But he did !!!!  Magic for sure. Dolls were the next thing I remember. They had such a sweet smell, the rubber one. I am not sure they still use real rubber for dolls. But you could give the baby dolls a bath. I loved that. And to powder a baby doll with sweet smelling powder made it "real". Enough of Memory Babnk. Let me try to close this down.

BETTY (dumb me) BOOP

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love those memories! I remember getting a bathinette. Pretty sure it was recycled but I loved bathing my baby dolls in it.