January 12, 2024

BEWARE OF THE WEATHER

 Weather is "look out the window day" for me. Plans put on hold, will wait for a nicer day. Something to look forward to. What will I do. After I got a dryer. in the "olden" days, I loved to wash and dry on rainy days and laugh at the weather. I used  to like to cook something special, like cookies or something chocolate.  Nothing good for you. Now I think about soup. I remember something funny about the rainy weather. We had a really strong leader at Boyd School,. Miss Powel was a strong force to follow. Remember her? She was amazed at the cars picking up kids on a rainy day after school. She said as she drove home she saw the same kids happy and playing in the rain at their homes. So Be It. As a child, I was allowed to play in the rain if it was not stormy. Don't remember if it was safe or not, but fun to wear rubber like boots and rain coats with hoods. Mama did not really like for me to do it, but I do remember being allowed to if it was warm rain. Did you ever play in the rain.?

BETTY (not a water baby really)BOOP

P. S. i NEVER LEARNED TO SWIM.

No comments: