September 30, 2012

RAIN ON SUNDAY

I like the rain.  It means change.  I hope it turns cooler.  You know the Mississippi State Fair starts this week. Needs to be cool for that.  I have not been to the fair in a while.  Wish I had a biscuit from there.  It could not be as good as Ashley's, but close.  Hold the home made syrup if you please.  I know it is a southern thing--but I don't like it.    I was in the hall before going to Church and i met a man who said--"You sure have on a pretty "shirt"  It was pretty and red but I would not call it a "shirt".  A man thing I guess.  Went to visit Irene and  got her left over Sunday paper.  Still to cheap to subscribe myself.  I am reading an interesting book.  "Mrs. Tom Thumb".  Did you know it is a real person and her story.  She was little like him.  Well must go fix a light supper and bath and read and then to bed.  Just thought you needed to know all of that.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thank you, Mamaw! That's such a compliment because I hold those biscuits in pretty high regard. I did love the State Fair when it would come to town!