September 9, 2013

FEELING LOW

A recurring eye infection has stopped me suddenly.  I stayed in yesterday all day and treated it as I have before.  Maybe a little better this morning but not recovered completely.  Oh how I hate this.  Don't know why it keeps happening.  I go to eye Dr. next week--maybe I can wait till then.  I made split pea soup yesterday.  My own made up recipe.  With it I made cornbread.  Also made pickled beets.  Had no cloves (which I always use) so I put a small amount of cinnamon.  It does not taste the same but as the say, change is good. I also made tuna fish salad.  My style has apple in it.  Truman always liked it.  There are many ways to make tuna salad and I usually like them all.  Sounds like I kept busy.  Amy brought me from Candy two books on CD.  I am listening to TOM SAWYER now.  It is so good.  The reader is Patrick Farley.  I did not know him but he has a wonderful voice and it really comes to life.  The other one is SENSE and SENSIBILITY. I must get a Madison library card so I can check out more.  We don't carry them here at St. Catherine's. 

Well so much for my sob story.  I must not dwell on the bad and instead on the good.  I'll make it through this one too.

Betty Boop

No comments: