September 5, 2013

RED WHITE AND BLUE

I have this knit shirt that is red, white, and blue.  I like it because it fist well and is comfortable.  But, it really does stand out because it is bright.  I wore it yesterday with navy pants, looking to tone it down.  No.  First comment right off the  elevator going down was," my what a cute top".  O. K., I can take that one.  Then "O my you have on my shirt, did you see me yesterday?"  Then she said, "Yours fits better than mine".  I sucked in my "chest" and went on down.  Then what clinched it. "  My what an interesting shirt."  Do you think I ran back and changed?  No, the old me would have.  But the new me said,"bless their little hearts"  (an old southern saying"  And like Scarlet O'Hara, "I'll worry about that tomorrow",  Or would "fiddle-dee-dee. fit better?.  I have always been proud of a few people saying I looked like Scarlet.  In my year book as a senior, it was written that I had a waist line that would make even Scarlet jealous.  Not anymore I am sorry to say.  Oh, by the way, one of my best friends was the Editor of THE COOTTON BOLL"  That was the name of our annual.  It helps to have friends in the right places.  I put the shirt in my laundry basket.  Maybe I will retire it.  Maybe not,  What would you do?

Betty Boop