November 13, 2013

CLOSET SALE

It is always fun to have a closet sale.  We had a giant one today.  All proceeds go to the Employee Christmas fund.  I hope it did good.  Had a lot to sell.   I am a Trustee on the Christmas Fund and I get to sign, along with three other residents the checks and distribute them next month.  That will be a pleasure.  Our employees are the best anywhere.  They are so pleasant and helpful  and do such a good job.  We are not allowed to tip so this is one way to give to them.  There are other ways we raise money for the, too. 

Amy brought me copies of my latest poem to read to the Writers Group today and she brought stuff to make a Taco salad.  I just finished eating it and it was so good.  She is always feeding me.  Things have sort of  turned around since I used to send little additions to her meals long ago.   They say what goes around ---comes around.  So now it is coming  around to me.  Feels kind of good.  I have not completely stopped sending it around but not as fast. 

Betty Boop


THE LAKE

I am happy to have a view of the Lake
I've lived on one before.
New memories I must make
New sights and much, much more,
 
Sometimes the waves look very large.
Like they could really push a barge.
And look, could that be a Pirate ship?
Up and down it seems to dip.
 
When the wind blows just right.
I look and a sailboat is in sight.
As it rolls and yields to the wind.
A veiled message it seems to me send.
 
When the wind churns the water just right,
And the sun shines very bright,
I see a most lovely sight
Diamonds sparkling in the light.
 
Dot Ellis 
Creative Writers Group
 


1 comment:

Amy said...

I can never repay for all the wonderful things you did for me as a mom, but I can sure enjoy trying!