November 9, 2013

LOVLEY DAY

What beautiful weather.  Just the day for adventure.  Since I get very little of that, today was a real treat.  Number 2 daughter, Jan, picked me up at 10 and we went to see my Humana agent and locked a better deal. we think.  Not as bad a change as I was expecting.  Then we traveled on to the Mississippi Farmers' Market at the Fair Ground,  It was fun and colorful.  Jan bought goat milk soap at two different places.  I bought Louisiana tangerines and Mississippi tomatoes , I had one for supper and it was o,k, but not as good as I expected.  We were getting hungry and stopped at Keifer's for gyros.  We sat outside and it was perfect.  I have never had as good a Gyro as today.  Yum.  Business was very brisk but we had good service.  Then we were feeling pretty good. so Jan took me to the new Belhaven building to show me how to navigate the parking garage.  It is a new place and I have not been there before.  That taken care of we went to the busy little place called Fondren..  What fun.  It has changed so much since the early days.  If I were young again, I would like to live there.  We went in this cute little shop and bought some more soap. Not goat milk this time.  Sophie gave us all some of this soap at her bridesmaid luncheon.  I bought some and so did Jan.  Tired and satisfied we came home to a nap for me.  Jan was supposed to clean her house, but she said a nap sure sounded good too.  I haven't had a "jaunt" like that lately and I really enjoyed it.  Thank you Jan.  I loved it. And I do smell so sweet after trying my new soap.  I think Jan has a good supply now, so don't give her soap for Christmas.  Oh, maybe that is just what she wants more of.

Betty Boop  

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Jan , quit showing off what a good daughter you are!