November 23, 2013

NOEMBER 23--1946-2013

Today is the anniversary of out marriage.  Sixty seven years ago at 2:00 P.M. we stood before the preacher in my parents home on N. Jefferson street in Jackson, before family and close friends and promised to love, honor, for the rest of our lives.  How that love grew and grew till March 2011 when God needed him more than me if that is possible.  How young and naive we were.  What a wonderful life we had.  Some sad, frustrating, and struggling but that only makes love stronger.  Even after death I am closer than ever before to him.  You know about my "Memory Bank".  I visit it from time to time but try to live in the "Now" and not in the past too much.  So here's to love and marriage-when it is good it is the best.  Enough of that.  Hope to see you all soon.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so glad y'all did!