August 11, 2014

QUOTES FROM RESIDENTS

As I was passing out my beautiful Morning Glory muffins at Coffee before exercise class, one cute and petite lady said, "No thank you, all I have left is my figure and I plan to keep it."  That set us to laughing right away.  Good way to start the morning.  Then as we were leaving after the class I was walking with two other ladies.  We met  another lady and she said, "Hello girls."  I said. "Thank you for calling us girls."  She replied, "We are lucky to still be so young, yet old."  Now what a way to look at it.  Most of us are working to stay young at heart as we grow older.  That is one thing I like about St. Catherine's.  We love to stay young. 

I just took a muffin to a neighbor who gave me the recipe for the muffins.  Late yesterday after dark. we had a thunder storm.  It took out the electricity for most of the buildings.  We  have back up generators and they took over.  Still with such weak power it was weird with low power.  Another thing I like about this place I call home, is I do not have to worry about getting anything fixed.  Another perk.

I am going to warm up an egg plant casserole, peas, and warm cornbread, and some tomato and cucumber salad.  My sweet daughter Amy, the creative cook, brought me the peas and egg plant and she also brought plums.  Some more perks.  How can I be anything but thankful.  I am blessed.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like a full day to me. Now on to the mall!