March 27, 2016

EASTER WEEKEND

It has been a nice Easter weekend.  Different. because no small folk to dye and hide eggs.  But we remember the days when that was the highlight of Easter.  Or was it when  new outfits and basket filled with goodies and going to Church was the main thing.?  All  of those things.

I was pleased to have Linda to visit,   Joseph was too involved in singing at the Church choir and woodturning event to be able to come.  I really enjoyed having her all to myself.  Although Jan and Amy took her around some, we all ate shrimp at Jan's Saturday.  MG. and Ryan hosted Easter lunch at their house on Sunday.  They are real pros at this.  It thrills me that my Grand daughters like to do this and do it so well.  They learned from their Moms and maybe a little from me. They probably learned their love to "get together"  from their granddad (Truman.)  He did love to get his family together.  He will be gone 5 years on the 29th.  Seems like yesterday in a way.

Spring is the time for new life and hope.  Embrace it and enjoy.

Betty Boop 

No comments: