April 2, 2016

NEW NAMES AND LABELS

I do venture out a little to pick up mail and food.  Everywhere I go I get "looks:.  Some comments:  "You have to give up soccer.", "What does the other feller look like."  Hello Crip, Hop-a-long, one of the Munsters. (remember them? )  And most of all--What did you do?  I do look funny, with my capris and one boot leg and one sneeker But many are sorry for me and offer assistance.  Also I have gotten much advice from those who have had similar problems and those who have not and know nothing about it.  Par for the course.   I am one week and a little more into this thing and I am getting used to it.  Another "new normal"  I guess.  Lot of those. 

I know this happens to the young and old, but at this stage in life, I can't help but blame old age.  Excuse me--another stage of life.  Just glad to be here.  A bum heel does not keep me from writing.  Here is my next contribution for the Library Board.

 
MAY FLOWERS
 
Pretty flowers in the month of May
Old. saying----goodness knows.
But this is what I  say.
Someone's   been to LOWES
 
Lots of planning and fun
Goes into this show.
So pray for rain and sun,
As off to work we go.
 
Dot Ellis 2016
 

O, K, it is Saturday and Jan is on the coast for a visit.  So I am on my own today.  What a beautiful day.  The sun is out and rain gone and all the plans for the weekend are on go.  And here I sit.  Don't feel sorry for me, I have lots to do. Inside!!!And I do have another poem to write for the next VILLAGER. Please give me another "May" subject other than flowers.  I thought of TWITTERPATED"-- discarded that because maybe not for this crowd.  But then we do have memories.

Betty Boop











2 comments:

Karen Buffington said...

Topics for May...Mother's Day, graduations...new beginnings, eras ending, Memorial Day, summer!!

Dot said...

Thanks for the suggestions!! My mind went blank, but there are a lot of events in May. I can now think of a few more. Aunt Dot