April 17, 2016

TROUBLE IN PARADISE??

Maybe I am wrong but here is what it looks like from my famous "balcony."  Canada Guess are really not welcome here, but they are very persistent. They usually stay on the other side of the lake or just by the edge on my side.  But mating is a different time. 
For three days off and on,. I have watched these two fussy ones up close in front of my balcony.  The first time I heard such a fuss, "she" was on top of the cover of the space between the Golf course and the Croquet court.  On top and him fussing at her from the ground. I think to come down.  No! she said.  Finally he flew into her and they took off over the Lake.  Next day they were back and she was looking under the shrubs by the building.  No! he said.  Too close to people.  Finally he convinced her to move on.  This morning, she wont give up.  They were back and making such a fuss.  I guess they were disagreeing big time.  She flew back up on the roof and he said this is it!!  Now get down and let's go now.  He flew at her and they had a little scuffle and finally flew away.  They had better hurry and  get the nest built or I may have a birds eye view on top of the roof. She seems to like it there.

Ah! the drama that love can be.  Right now there seems to be no love between those two.  Stay tuned.  I hope this story has a happy ending.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

All relationships need a little work! Hope they figure it out. Ed and I keep talking about where to spend retirement. We will figure it out too!