November 18, 2016

CREATURE OF HABIT

I seem to be joining the OLD FOLKS CLUB.  You have heard of us.  Go to bed by 10:30 wake up three to four times a night and then wake before 6:00.  Right on time.  It has allowed me to take that second cup of coffee to the balcony.  Before 7:00 the world is just waking.  It was a little cool there this morning, 67 degrees but I had on enough clothes to take it.  I realized there are 11 pine trees in my pine thicket (as Truman's mother called a thick stand of trees).  Who plants 11 trees? together?  Surely there must have been 12 at first. You know me, I like for things to balance and rhyme.  Anyway, it is the home to many birds.  I heard them wake as it got  light and they drifted out in twos and threes, off to hunt for food I guess.

Highlight of day. Amy came and brought pansy plants.  Till now it has been too warm for them.  She planted them for me and I am happy for that.  One bunch were the tiny ones and we planted them under the hibiscus tree where the farriers sit on the little miniature chairs and table that she brought me for Mother's Day I think.  Yes the farriers do have tea there from time to time,  (If you believe in them.)  I do.

Big closet sale today here,  I must hurry before the good "stuff" gets grabbed up.  Oh how I need some more stuff.

Betty Boop

No comments: