November 22, 2016

LOT OF CELEBRATIONS

Sunday after Church we had our annual Thanksgiving dinner.  It has changed a lot over the years and I wont go there because it stirs up too many memories.  The food was as usual great.  I was proud of Amy for making cornbread dressing," like her mama's" she told people.  I am having dinner here at St. Catherine's on Thanksgiving Day.  We are having our family dinner on Friday to let some go to the other side of their family for the day.  Makes it great for everyone.  We will go to M. G. and Ryan's house on Friday.  So I may get a lot of dressing and turkey.  The dressing is what I look forward to.

I have to go to an annual Budget Review this morning.  We all dread that because that is when we see if our rent goes up for the next year.  It always does, just hope not a lot.   I had breakfast of sausage, toast (whole wheat), egg over light, and coffee in the Cyber Café this morning.  First customer of the day at 7:30.  I like it that way.  So I met my editor of the Villager as I was leaving--she liked my LITTLE DRUMMER BOY POEM and said it was being published as we spoke.  Yeh!! I am published again.  Unbelievable as it sounds, I know it is a small paper with a limited readership, but I am proud to see my name in print.  I guess I have written hundreds of poems but I still get pleasure from writing.

Betty Boop

No comments: