December 24, 2016

CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT!! gotch ya.

Jack and I used to play that game every Christmas and then to win we started it on Christmas Eve,  I miss him.  Flood of memories come back.  It was 66 degrees on the balcony this morning.  I need to compose my stories of the balcony in a book.  Who would read it?  I really do think having a view of the Lake has saved me many times.  I saw friend Egret this morning.  Sitting on the walk from the pier.  You know the rail is laced with beautiful lights that burn at night.  He was getting close to our building.  I take that as a Christmas greeting, as he looks so regal and composed. and very much unafraid. The birds woke and began to converse.  It is a whole world out there.  Just full of sounds and creatures.  I love to think about that. 

Well let the games begin.  Linda and Joe will arrive this morning.  And we get started on the whoope-d- do that we have planned.  Fried chicken to remember my Mama, and mashed potatoes AND rice.  (for Jack). Then Christmas Day and much more the next day.  We will get to see almost everyone this year.  How can anybody do without family and your traditions.  I listened with interest to my friends at coffee tell some of theirs.  What fun. So let us get started.

Betty Boop

No comments: