December 16, 2016

MY SWEET GIRLS.

If you read Amy's blog you will appreciate this.  Sophie, Amy. and Jan came yesterday and brought forgotten boxes stored in her attic .  They were my Mother's little picture collection that she was so excited to collect on our trips.  All packed up after she died so long ago.  She died around Christmas time and that is a always a sad note to Christmas.  What fun we had as we unwrapped them and remembered so many good times.  Truman will always be a Saint to me for loving my Mother and having her with us on trips.  It must have been trying at time with all those females packed in the car and  at night in one small camper.  But he always wanted his girls to love travel and to see as much as we could of our country,  And we did see much.   Oh my I am in tears.  Tears for times gone by.  Tears of Joy and a little bittersweet too.

Betty Boop



1 comment:

Amy said...

You made me tear up too. What a blessing it is to have sweet son-in-laws. Dad was a good one. Yours and mine are too.