December 19, 2016

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

Winter has arrived for Mississippi.  Those north of us will laugh at that.  But believe me it is cold. (for us.)..They say Mississippi weather is unpredictable.  And it is.  We may even have a warm Christmas.  But these last few days have been cold enough for me.  Jan and I got out Saturday and I bought two new sweaters!!  All of mine are 10-15 years old.  Natty and out of style.  Hey I just described myself.  "Natty and old".  But I do try to keep up-to-date, as possible.  Our Church was beautiful Sunday.  I love the lighting of the Advent candle and the songs and all the feelings you only get at Christmas.  Amy has a lot to do with it.  She just loves Broadmeadow.  I do too.  We went yesterday but the weather was not inviting so me split for lunch.  I ate here and sat at a table with a man who had a horrible cold. He proudly said he had been in 4 days sick. Hold your breath for me.  I usually don't get colds, but you never know.  I came home and put on sweat pants and had hot chocolate in a new Christmas cup and read the big Sunday paper.  Good thing to do on a cold windy day.  Missing a fireplace.  Oh well, I made it o.k.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ugh. Hope you didn't get his cold!!