June 2, 2017

JUNE BUG POEM

Well, I don't usually write this time of day but I was just thinking about how many people read my last poem in the VILLAGER about summer and the things we all did as children.  Times were so different.  I say that lot and I know you get tired of my "memories."  But I stirred up so many among my coffee group this morning.  One said she remembered how wet her bare feet got at early night when she played hide and go seek.  How she had to wash her feet before going inside.  The smells  and sounds of early night came back to her.  How exciting to remember long ago things.
   It pleased me to do this for her.  And many remembered tying string to the June Bug's leg and let them fly till he lost his leg.  Do children still do this?  I suppose many parents are afraid to let their children play outside at dusk except for organized sports and things like that.  I understand.  I am afraid to be out at night too, especially alone.  Times change and we can't help that even if we wanted to.  Here I go again down memory lane.  OOps. I just jumped off and am back on track.

Betty Boop

No comments: