September 14, 2017

HALF GONE

Where does the time go?  September 14th.  Yesterday would have been Truman's 96th birthday.  He died at 89 and wanted to make it to 90--but alas it did not happen.  Here I am.  According to the average, the female lives 5 years longer than her mate.  I have beat the odds.  Well so be it.  I must not dwell on numbers.

The balcony was still this morning.  No more rain or wind.  I guess the heat will be back.  Summer is still with us.  I only saw one walker and no ducks or egret.  I did not stay long.  I do plan to go to the grocery store later.  Miss Bitsy is very low on food.  A few thoughts for a poem or essay are running around in my crazy head.  It will be called CUP OF LIFE or FULL CUP, or something else.  We will see.  You know Truman had an idea for a third book.  I am so sorry I discouraged it.  It was about his life as a family man and his career.  Maybe I did not want to remember some of that,  for it was a struggle up the career ladder and although he did reach his goal, it was hard, raising a family and fighting all those young hopefuls.  Some with more education and pull.  It was hard.    Did not mean to get so down and personal.  Our life was a good one and I am glad I was along for the ride. 

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

And baby a Ivy Rose is 24 today! Can you believe that?