September 23, 2017

WAFFLES & RYE TOAST

Breakfast was fun.  Two people ordered waffles.  They were beautiful, Belgium waffles.  One said the texture was nit right.  The server noticed he wasn't eating them.  She asked what was wrong.  He told her the story but they were o. k.  She insisted she make them again.  He already said he could eat only half they were so big. but accepted a new one.  Which he felt obliged to eat. He was full.  The other person who ordered one said nothing, but they brought her another one too.  So she is going to have waffles for breakfast Sunday (warmed over.)  Just thought it was funny but as I write it I know you had to be there to think so.  Now the Rye toast.  Last Saturday one of us discovered they had rye bread.  He shared a small bit with me.  I really liked it.  Didn't think I did when I last ate it a long time  ago.  It was good toasted.  Jan and I went to Wal-Mart for a few things for me.  We researched the rye bread.  They had at least 6 or 7 brands.  Can you believe it?  Ended up with COBBLESTONE BREAD CO.'S BROOKLYN RYE..  I just liked the name.(it sounded so official)  I just could not wait to try it, so I had a piece toasted just now.  Very good. 

Now, don't I have a lot to talk about?  Stay tuned--maybe something else interesting may come up.  Oh yes, I am boiling peanuts I just bought too. Yeh!!

Betty Boop

No comments: