September 4, 2017

LABOR DAY

I can't remember celebrating this day as a child.  I don't remember when it was declared a holiday either.  Must ask Mr. Google.  That smart man (or girl) knows it all.  I just came in from sitting on the balcony again this morning.  I am delighted with the cooler weather.  I saw three walkers within 5 minutes.  It seems everyone is revived .  I have been raising mushrooms.  No not to eat.  Just these strange things growing in my flower pot.  It changes every day.  Yesterday it was a mass of little umbrellas.  So cute.  I looked for the farriers.  I am sure they had tea at sunrise. 

I am going with my friend Betty to the big Labor Day lunch here today.  It sounds good.  It is fun to watch all the people.  I am turning into my "mama".  She was a great people watcher.  I am too.  And what a place to watch!!!  I wish I could write a book about the goings-on around here.  Better keep that to myself.  I do intend to write a poem.  It has been chasing around in my mind for some time now.  About recognizing people by their walk.  Down the hall it is sometime too dark or your eyes just can't see for some reason very far away.  But people all have distinct walks.  It would be fun to describe some of  them.  Again, be careful. 

Well that is all from St. Catherine's Town till I observe some more.

Betty Boop

No comments: