September 17, 2017

SEEING DOUBLE

Early, about 7 (not real early.)  I was on the balcony and I thought I was seeing double, but no, it was two egrets, side by side.  Does he have a mate?  They flew off in perfect formation, just like airplanes.  Flying low and together.  To the other end of the lake and back.  Doesn't take a lot to excite me.  I  think of my Egret as belonging to me and I watch him a lot.    O. K. end of nature lesson for today.  Jan came Saturday.  She is glad to get out of the house.  They are going through foundation work and the house is torn up and workman everywhere.  She has to dodge them at every corner.  Be glad to get it over.  We went to the Christian book store.  I love their card section.  I send lots of cards out here to birthday girls.  I make a tissue flower to top them and they are pretty and give me satisfaction.  With very little else to do, we ended up at Traceway Grill.  You should go if you have not already.  Most people I know like it.  We had a classic hamburger (hers had mushrooms).  Nothing like a good burger.  Mine was too big and Jan cut hers in two.  We enjoyed a good visit.    I just heard a noise in the other room and called Bitsy.  She came and I asked her if she was in trouble and she said "maybe."  I hate to look. I really think it was the dishwasher, hope so.

Betty Boop

No comments: