August 24, 2013

Friday & Saturday

Jan and Carol had lunch with me in the dinning room Friday and it was fun.  The lunch theme was Hawaii.  Roasted pig and all the foods that complemented .  It was very good.  Could not eat the dessert, but that was alright with us.  It was good to see Carol and visit with her.  I gave her a copy of TRU-BE-DO-BE-DOOoooooo.  I do hope my Grandchildren appreciate that book.  Truman wrote it for you.  Hunt it up and read it again.  It is just like him talking to you.  Read ENGEBI again too.  I do sometimes read some of it.  I love to imagine what a 21 year Truman(who had never been far from home) was like.  Can't you imagine how  brave and scared he was.  To have so many new experiences really changed their lives and in many ways made them what they were from then on,

MG and Ryan had breakfast with me.  A real "lumberjack" breakfast for Ryan, as he was headed off to help move furniture for his sister.  I had an omelet with tomato and mushrooms and half the cheese.  It was good and the company was excellent.  At eight o'clock in the morning, that is saying a lot.  They visited a while and were reluctant to get on with the day.  Now I have shampooed my hair and in a while will go to WalMart.  I have been here all week with plenty to keep me busy, but WalMart is a must, once in a while. 

Later
Betty Boop

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That breakfast got us through until 3 o'clock!! Thank you again for letting us come eat with you. Hope to see you again soon!

Love, Mary Grace