August 30, 2013

PATSY CLINE

I have always loved Patsy Cline and the songs she sang.  Truman liked her voice.  He said it was co clear and understandable.  I have a CD of some of her best.  Today we had a program and we had a full house.  Shirley Marshall, our amazing Activity Director is so talented.  She dressed and sang Patsy Cline songs.  It was so good.  Her songs were "tear jerkers" anyway, but the way she sang them brought tears to our eyes.  And of course Alan and Patty were so good to accompany her.  I really did enjoy it.  She sang other songs also.  When she sang THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE really cracked me up because I  remember so well the first time I saw Truman,  You know the story so I will not relate it again, but I just knew there was something there and I wanted to explore.  I guess he did too.  I guess a good "cry" was in order.  I kept hearing that from friends as we went back to our apartments.  I think crying is a good thing in some ways.  I am learning so much about being a widow.  There ==I think that is the first time I called myself that.  I hate the word, so strike that out. --------think I need a walk.

Betty Boop

No comments: