August 21, 2013

ROAING 90's PARTY

No not for me ---yet.  Once a year we have a Birthday party for all residents 90 or over.  There are over 150 who are over 90.  Several are 100 and over,  Three of the 100s were there.  In fact one sat at the table where I sat and she sang every word to the sing-a-longs.  It was amazing.  I went to be with Irene, who is 92.  It was a wonderful celebration.  I felt actually young among them.  Beautiful decorations and food too.  Kind of gave me a lift.  One lady at my table kind of bonded with me as we sang along together.  Music is so wonderful.  People respond to music when they can't respond to other things.  One lady, who I know well, got up and danced with a nurse.  I mean she knew what she was doing.  Her son seemed embarrassed.  I could have shook him.  Did not faze her.  She had a ball and I was glad for her.  Irene forgot her pains and worries for a while as I took her back and visited her for a while.  So I had a good day.

Betty Boop

No comments: