August 12, 2013

HOOP-DE-DO 11111

However  you spell it, it was a full wonderful weekend.  First to have Linda and Joe and Whitney and Karis to visit was so good.  To watch Cary and David open presents for baby Brody was so much fun.  Sophie and Paul put on a party fit for SOUTHERN LIVING magazine,  Their neighborhood is so peaceful and beautiful  The trees are amazing.  Well you know me must talk about the food too.  So special and they spent such time and care in the decorations.  Well done.  Of course we did not stop with one party.  While all together and the Ellis Reunion being canceled this year, we decided to have a mini one at Jan and Tommy's house.  Jimmy, and Lois Caldwell came Sally was on a visit to Jimmy's so we had I think 18 people and food like the reunion--minus the fried chicken.  Some missed that but the other food was great as well as the visiting.  Just like Ellis reunion.  Oh I missed Truman.  He would have been in rare form in that kind of a crowd.  I felt he was watching.  I do hope some of my thoughts are right about him and heaven.  Of course I realize my mind can not know or figure it all out.  I have to wait my turn to see that.  But it is such a comfort to me to look up at the  sky and imagine I see him there. and maybe looking down on us.  See you later Babe!!  Oh yes Cherry, Peggy, Scott and Sheila were at the shower,  So good to see them too.    Thank you Lord for family.  People who need family and friends are so lucky and I am thankful for mine.

Betty Boop

No comments: