April 15, 2015

A COUPLE-O-THINGS

I just had to tell you that the three happy people I told you about last week--well they were at it again.  Bank Guard,, Laughing Lady and Loud Man.  Sitting in the lobby enjoying themselves again,  I asked if they were a Club now.  They loved that.  She said yes they were called The 9;30 Wednesday Laughing Club.  Well named.  I think they are cute.  I will have to say the Bank Guard looked a little uncomfortable --like he should not be having so much fun.     

Then we had this afternoon 2-4 a farmers market on the terrace, complete with our Chef cooking samples for everyone.  I think it was a hit.  Local farmers provided a lot of produce to buy.  Corn ( that went fast). tomatoes, squash. sweet potatoes. frozen steaks, eggplant, rice from the  Delta, grits too, homemade bread, lemonade to drink. I may have missed something,  Our Chef cooked on the grill, tomatoes, squash and onions together to sample,  Grilled steak to try cut in serving pieces.
watermelon was good too.  It was a lot of fun.  I bought corn, tomatoes and sweet potatoes.  This will be a monthly affair through the growing season.  I am looking for okra and string beans next time.  Nothing like something new to perk us up.

Betty Boop

No comments: