April 20, 2015

PROCRASTNATE

If there is a club for those who procrastinate , I would be the President and Chairman of the Board.  You would think I would remember the good feeling of "getting something done" and on time.  But alas I don't.  It is so easy when you have a month to do something to put it off.  Well I came to the deadline on an interview I  had to do and still it just lay there.  I said it is now or never.  I had already missed the first month's deadline, so here I go.  It went o. k .and is in the hands of our editor now.  Wheeee!!! 

I celebrated with my last ear of Madison County corn, a tomato from Hickory, Ms., and half of a baked Vardaman, Ms., sweet potato.  Oh my it was good. 

By the way, my beautiful new dictionary (not new anymore) reads like this:

To procrastinate:

1.  to put off doing something unpleasant or burdensome until a future time.
2.  to postpone habitually
3.  My favorite--belonging to tomorrow.

Does anyone see themselves?
Maybe it is only me in that Club, but I think most of the population has from time to
 time belonged.  I think I need a nap--can't put that off.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm in the club. We were going to meet soon but keep putting it off.