April 30, 2015

MEMORIES--OLD AND NEW

You sigh-"there she goes again."  It is hard not to remember a lot when I was searching for a few old pictures of early camping trips.  My we have camped a lot.  As a family going on longer trips in the campers of different kinds.  As well as later just weekends --mostly Mother's Day trips.  Don't worry I am only taking a few on our current trip.  As I check off my "to do" list I am using one of Truman's bags to pack my clothes for the trip, I found 2 or 3 packs of sugar and a plastic spoon.  I remember he always carried back ups everywhere we traveled.  It is hard when you have so many memories, not to dwell on them.  Travel was a big part of our life. He wanted to see everything and to show it to his children too.  I am glad he planted the desire to travel in you all.  He sure enjoyed many a type of travel and he took me along.  As I am packing I am playing a CD that I should not listen to often because it has the TENNESSEE WALTZ on it.  As you know we were not too good at dancing but when  that was heard , we waltzed.  I could not help but waltz without him just now.  I sat down and cried a little.  Thank you Lord for my sweet memories but help me to make new ones too.
Betty Boop

No comments: