December 29, 2017

ALMOST GONE

This year, I mean.  I really am surprised to have come to the end of another year.  I thought I would be with Truman by now.  I guess, It is beyond me--way beyond me to understand why I am here.  But alas I am here and I will make the most of it and be grateful. 

We have new items on our dinners  now.  Yesterday I had Pork Chop Jack Daniel.  Don't know what Jack Daniel taste like so I had to take their word for it.  It was alright.  Something different.  They have added sugar-free desserts too.  I like that. Everyone is sporting winter sweaters and sweat suits.  It is cold.  Really it is warm inside here.  Thank the Lord for that.  I don't like to be cold.  Bitsy is staying away from the windows and is huddled down in strange places.  I guess she knows where the warm spots are.  I guess the climate is changing.  I remember having snow often as a little girl.  Still exciting.  Daddy would worry about the pipes freezing and would wrap them in rags.  Today we have better ways.  We would draw water in the tub for flushing and we did not have to take a bath so often.  Had to heat water.  Come to think of it--it is not so different today.  My car is sitting outside and I don't know if it has antifreeze or not.  Wish I had some one to take care of it.

My, My how I have jumped around with this blog.  Forgive me.

Betty Boop 

No comments: