December 21, 2017

TIME MARCHES ON

I remember my children's Christmas's past as well as my own.  The excitement and mystery and wonder was the same as mine as a child.  I could hardly wait to see the look on their faces as they got the gifts of their dreams.  I loved all the dolls over the years as much as they did.  The year Linda and Jan got the little kitchen that Truman made from apple boxes.  We painted a stove on them and they got dish pans to wash dishes.  I have pictures. Linda seemed to like the kitchen best and Jan got those baby dolls clean.  I put toys on lay=a=way every year at THE PLAY PEN, which was a toy wonderland and we liked to visit and pick out wishes.  I remember Amy's CREAPY CRAWLER  kit.  That was dangerous and she loved it.  I could go on and on but space will not allow.  But all good.  I remember Jan's doll Ruthie and Linda's mouse game.  I bet their memories are different.  I would like to hear them.  enough of that, but how sweet to be able to capture these memories and still remember.

Betty Boop

No comments: